Why You Should Say YES to Social Media?
In this day in age, social media is everywhere you look. For most of us, it has become a part of our personal lives, how we often engage with friends and family. So naturally it easy to understand how it has now become critically important in how people engage and communicate with businesses. Many clients can be quite nervous to take the leap into social media. They know how to use it for their personal benefit, however they can be really uncertain as to how to use it, to bring benefit to their own businesses. Let me explain to you why social media is actually a critical tool for your company!
- You get to pick and choose – First off, there are many different platforms, each with their own unique strengths and benefits. You absolutely don’t have to have a presence on all of them to make it worth your while. In fact it’s actually a better strategic decision when starting out, to pick one or two platforms that you know your target market is utilizing, and make your presence on these pages GREAT; rather than diluting your resources and presence across all platforms, and just have on OK presence on them all. Also, you can use different platforms to communicate different aspects of your company; giving more diversity and depth to your overall social media presence.
- Transparent Data – The analytical data from the sites is available for you to review at any time. You can easily check that data to identify what facets of your presence on the platform are working and engaging your customers and what isn’t; and make adjustments “on the fly,” to improve your online engagement. You aren’t committed to anything for predetermined amounts of time and you can make strategic decisions based on the market response. Plus, who doesn’t love having data to prove how well you’re doing and where you can improve? It doesn’t get any easier than that!
- Schedule – So many platforms now-a-days make it easy for you to schedule new content ahead of time, checking one more thing off of your to-do list, and allowing you to focus on the other aspects of your work.
- Fluid – Even though you may have content scheduled, these posts are not obligations. At a moment’s notice you can adjust, change, delete, or re-strategize. Did something major happen that you want to post about? Great! You can affect your changes, with no additional expense incurred.
- Engagement – Social media allows you connect with your target audience on a more personal level. If you’re a large company, you have the ability to like, comment and message with customers, with whom you otherwise may not have connected and communicated. If you’re a small company, social media allows you to grow your market to people who may not have been in your original target market.
- SEO – Keeping your social media pages updated consistently is one of the singular most effective actions you can take for your SEO value. The more often your pages are updated, (in a strategic manner of course,) the more it helps drive your organic reach, particularly to your website.
Are you convinced yet? Still a bit shy about taking the leap? Let’s get the conversation going. I’m a self-admitted social media junkie. You simply don’t know how far we can go on this journey, together, for you to see quick, measurable results!