Red Thinking Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Intern
Did you know SEO is the most in-demand digital marketing skill according to Smart Insights and CMO.com? SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” In simple terms, it means the process of improving website visibility when people search for products or services related to a business in Google, and other search engines. The better visibility website pages have in search results, the more likely they are to garner attention and attract prospective and existing customers to their business.
Search engines use bots to crawl pages on the web, going from site to site, collecting information about those pages and putting them in an index. Think of the index like a giant library where a librarian can pull up a book (or a web page) to help you find exactly what you’re looking for at the time.
Next, algorithms analyze pages in the index, considering hundreds of ranking factors or signals, to determine the order pages should appear in the search results for a given query. Using the library analogy, the librarian has read every single book in the library and can tell you exactly which one will have the answers to your questions. Unlike paid search ads, you can’t pay search engines to get higher organic search rankings, which means SEO experts must put in the work. That’s where Red Thinking comes in.
How can you help? We will teach you. Red Thinking is looking to welcome a summer intern (potential to be extended into the new school year). You’ll certainly learn lots! Some of your to-do’s would be as follows:
- Update content and website links for maximum optimization and search engine rankings
- Research SEO keywords to use throughout assigned client websites and submit regular sitemaps to Google
- Work closely with the Website & SEO specialist to develop optimization strategies that increase the company’s search engine results rankings
- Monitor Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console and Google My Business for clients
- Monitor daily performance metrics to understand SEO strategy performance
- Monthly digital reporting – Work with Website & SEO specialist to update monthly reports with SEO findings
- Research and write compelling and high-quality keyword phrases to include, but not limited to: page titles, meta descriptions and alt text
- Support Website & SEO Specialist on approval of major web content: Format copy for web: create/assign headlines, CTAs, organize copy for superior digital UX, and incorporate SEO keywords.
- WordPress website management. Updates include, but are not limited to content updates and support in plugin audit and updates.
- Analytical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative, innovative, intellectually curious, comfortable working independently, and a ruthless prioritizer.
- A self-starter with the ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Open, honest, and ambitious.
- Passionate about all things digital, with a hunger for knowledge.
- Excellent written and grammar skills with attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to execute and complete projects on a deadline.
- Experience with backend websites.
- Data-driven with a passion for digital marketing and website development/strategy.
Red Thinking is a Branding, Design & Digital agency based in the D.C. Metro area. While virtual, there will be occasional opportunities to attend client meetings, and team get-togethers! We recommend the intern be based in the DC Metro area.
Our ideas are purposefully big, bold, and bright — and are often executed in unexpected ways. The result is head-turning design and strategy.
Are you ready to THINK RED? Email Hello@RedThinkingLLC.com with your resume, cover letter, and 1-2 references listed.